South Africa bet Tamaryn Green advances to the next round of Miss Universe 2018 after the judges named her as one of the beauties chosen from the Africa and Asia-Pacific region.
This year, the Miss Universe pageant, now hosted by Thailand, continued with its continent-based format where judges picked the top five candidates from the following regions: The Americas, Europe, Asia-Pacific and Africa.
They also gave five wild-card spots for contestants from all over the world to make it to the top 20.
Tamaryn Green will then automatically go straight to a 15-second opening statement that would determine if she would make it to the top 10 cut of the pageant.
Here are the top 20 finalists:
- South Africa – Tamaryn Green
- Philippines – Catriona Gray
- Nepal – Manita Devkota
- Vietnam – H’Hen Nie
- Thailand – Sophida Kanchanarin
- Poland – Magdalena Swat
- Belgium – Zoë Brunet
- Great Britain – Dee-Ann Kentish-Rogers
- Hungary – Eniko Kecskés
- Ireland – Grainne Gallanagh
- Curacao – Akisha Albert
- Costa Rica – Natalia Carvajal
- Canada – Marta Magdalena Stepien
- Puerto Rico – Kiara Ortega
- Jamaica – Emily Sara-Claire Maddison
- USA – Sarah Rose Summers
- Venezuela – Sthefany Gutiérrez
- Indonesia – Sonia Fergina Citra
- Brazil – Mayra Dias
- Australia – Francesca Hung
This is a developing story.