Home Entertainment Assault charges against Idols runner-up Mthokozisi Ndaba provisionally dropped

Assault charges against Idols runner-up Mthokozisi Ndaba provisionally dropped

393
0

On Monday morning the assault charges against Idols runner-up Mthokozisi Ndaba were provisionally withdrawn at the Hillbrow Magistrate’s Court in Johannesburg, police told Channel24.

Ndaba was arrested on Thursday last week with a warning, and appeared in the Hillbrow Magistrate’s Court on Monday morning.

The KwaMashu singer (25) was engulfed in controversy immediately after he stormed off stage two weeks ago when Paxton Fielies (17) was announced as the winner of the 13th season of the FremantleMedia and [SIC] Entertainment produced reality singing show Idols on Mzansi Magic (DStv 161) and refused to attend the post-show press conference.

He remained cloistered in Johannesburg and received help from medical professionals.

On Saturday, 25 November a charge of assault was laid against him by Neo Tsele (21), who posted graphic photos of her battered and bruised face on social media and accused Mthokozisi Ndaba of hitting her and slamming her against a wall in a Braamfontein flat.

Police spokesperson Sergeant Mduduzi Zondo told Channel24 on Monday morning that Ndaba appeared in court and that the charges have provisionally been withdrawn.

The claim of physical abuse against the Idols star came during this year’s 16 Days of Activism campaign that runs from 25 November to 10 December and aims to raise awareness over the scourge of violence against women and children in South Africa.

In a recent survey 1 in 4 women said they’ve been hit by a man, and 1 in 5 said they’ve been sexually abused or raped, with only 5% of women saying they feel the South African Police Service (SAPS) would help them if they reported it.

Comments

comments

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here