During the dating phase of a relationship, you get to see a woman for who she is. One of the things you’ll notice while dating is how eager she is to get married. This may be a turnoff right away if you are able to pick up on it. Or, you might be oblivious to some of the signs. Regardless, you should proceed with serious caution if the woman you are dating is acting desperate to get married.
Here Are Six Signs That the Woman You’re Dating Is Desperate to Get Married
- She frequently talks about her parents long and happy marriage
- If the woman you are dating brings up her parent’s happy marriage often and mentions how her mother was already married by her age, you might be dealing with a woman who is eager to get married. There’s nothing wrong with her wanting to emulate her parent’s marriage, but this doesn’t mean she needs to rush you into it. If she’s desperate to get married, she will constantly talk about all of the happily married couples she knows and how she wants what they have.
- She drags you into home furnishing stores
- If the woman you’re dating is obsessed with looking at furniture, dishes, and home decor, she might be trying to get you to think about making a home with her. She will ask your opinion on which bedspread or couch you like the most. By doing this, she is letting you know that she is ready to create a home with you, which probably includes getting married. A woman who is desperate to get married may also pull you into ring store to “just look,” but what she’s really doing is hinting that she wants one.
- She has been engaged many times
- A woman who has been engaged a lot, whether she has gone down the aisle or not, is probably desperate to get married. When a woman wants to get married, she may pressure the man she’s with until he gives in. A woman who is this desperate to get married might not have the best standards when it comes to choosing a husband. This does not mean there is anything inherently wrong with you, but a woman who has been engaged a lot usually thinks every man could be “the one.”
- She encourages unprotected sex
- A woman who is desperate for marriage may not have a problem skipping any kind of birth control. She may see an unexpected pregnancy as something that will get her married more quickly. If you do not want a baby with her, it is critical that you always wear a condom, even if she swears up and down that she’s on birth control. If she insists you do not need to use protection because you’ve been dating a while, this is a bad sign you should pay attention to. Something as important as getting pregnant is something that requires discussion. It is not a spur of the moment decision.
- She talks about her future dreams as if it were reality
- She already knows where the wedding venue should be, what kind of dress she wants and has possibly already named her unborn children! It will appear as if you are just a commodity to help her reach this goal.
- She quickly wants to introduce you to everyone in her family
- This can make someone quite uncomfortable early on in the relationship as it should. There is no reason for her to be putting pressure on you to meet everyone yet. Also, if you let her know this and she gets upset, this is further evidence that she is in a hurry to tie the knot.
- If the woman you are dating exhibits any of the above signs, she probably wants to get married quickly. Marriage is not something you want to rush into no matter how much you might like her. It should be viewed as a red-flag if she is behaving this way. She should be just as discriminant as you are about who she makes this lifelong commitment to. Be certain to take your time as dating is an important time for learning a lot about someone!