Solange Knowles penned a letter to her teenage self and it will definitely make you cry!
The emotional letter was published in the latest issue of Teen Vogue and while it’s directed to her younger self, there is plenty that any woman can relate to.
Here are 6 quotes from the letter that will hit you in the feels:
1. “There will be constellations you want to reach for but can’t put your finger on. You will trace them like the scars on your body you got from trouble and the times of your life. You will take the long way to get to these Orions. The long way will become a theme in your life, but a journey you learn to love.”
2. “You don’t have to figure everything out now. Time will reveal itself. I promise you.”
3. “You will be terrified, and it’s OK that you don’t know what the future holds.”
4. “You will learn how to love yourself and how to empathise with and forgive those who may have taken a bit of that pure love away from you.”
5. “You have a long life ahead of you, and I’ll tell you it’s not going to always be easy, but I can promise you it will be fruitful and with much purpose.”
6. “There will be pain, there will be doubt there will be beauty, there will be the unknown. There will be so many moments of joy and delight that the whole universe will feel painted in hues of amber and wonder. There will be times you are so sad you can’t lift your head. And there will be times you are so happy that the sensation of life knocks you down. But most importantly, there will be you. A whole, whole lot of it.”
READ THE FULL LETTER HERE.