Home Fashion & Beauty The Makeup Faux Pas that Left One Woman Paralyzed for Life

The Makeup Faux Pas that Left One Woman Paralyzed for Life

147
0
SHARE

WERWERWERWho knew this makeup faux pas had such scary circumstances?!

According to Yahoo, a 27-year-old mum of 1, Jo Gilchrist has been diagnosed with a harsh disease – MRSA (Methicillin-resistant Staphylococcus aureus) – after borrowing her friend’s makeup brush to cover up a pimple. According to the report MRSA is an antibiotic form of Staphylococcus, and can be very aggressive.

At first, doctors could not diagnose her condition, but after she started to lose feeling in her body she was airlifted from her home town of Warwick to a hospital for emergency surgery. When she eventually woke up, she learned she had contracted MRSA.

According to doctors, the infection started with her spine, and it was so severe that she would be unable to walk and would be confined to a wheelchair for the rest of her life.

As saddening as that news is, it just made her want to prove her doctors wrong. According to Jo, “They first said I would never walk again but I got a wiggle out of my toes and I just kept fighting,” she told the Warwick Daily News. She continued – “This has been a real wake-up call. Before this I was just going through the motions and existing but now I have a huge fight for life. If someone tells me I can’t do something, I keep going because just the look on their faces when I do it is worth it.

She has a long road to discovery and due to research is convinced she caught the infection from borrowing her friend’s makeup brush. She is set to spend another 3 months in the spinal ward before she can go home to her son, family and friends.

Cleaning your makeup brushes is more than a seemingly unnecessary step. Using dirty makeup brushes has various health implications. Be sure to keep your brushes clean.

Comments

comments